Welcome To Colfax Gun Club
We are a Iowa club with our own Shooting range from 25 to 200 yards with 4 shooting pads with open covers, and a pistol range. We have shooting matches to compete in.
Our range is closed to the public except on match days
The public can shoot in our matches!
On match days the range is closed to all none match shooting!
Types of matches we put on:
1. The .22 Fun Shoot is a 22 rimfire benchrest match fired at 50 yards. The targets are paper varmint silhouette / Dot match.
2. The IHMSA silhouette Match is a handgun steel silhouette match fired at 50,100,150 and 200 meters. The targets are Chickens, pigs,
turkeys and rams. The 22 rimfire match is at 25,50,75 and 100 meters
3. The benchrest high-power match is a 200 yard benchrest paper varmint silhouette match. The maximum caliber is .30.
4. The urban Sniper Challenge is 3 events.
The sniper challenge is a course the shooter must navigate while engaging targets from 50 to 200 yards, one shot per target hit or miss.
The designated marksman shoot is the same course ran with a pistol added and all targets must be hit before moving to the next. A
carbine can be used.
The chalk challenge is hitting a piece of chalk at 200 yards from the prone position. It is $5.00 a shot to qualify, then sudden death
elimination. The winner gets $3.00 out of every $5.00 put in the pot.
5. The Combat Match is timed course shot with a centerfire handgun. The yardage is from 15 to 25 yards. The shooter will need a holster, 3
magazines and about 100 rounds of ammo. Shooters will engage steel and paper targets. The shooters are scored for targets hit and
deductions are made for missed targets. The total score is divided by the shooters time.
6. The F class is a prone benchrest shooting at 100 & 200 yards, 30 shots total with unlimited sighters. F T/R is shot with 223 or 308 only with
a bipod and rear bag. Unlimited is any caliber with front and rear rest.
For More information please call: Less...(515-674-3218)
Less will be the one to tell you if we are accepting New members
or email me:
Directions to the range are: Colfax exit N .5 mi to Fleet Ave, left on Fleet .9 mi to N 4TH W, left on N 4th W 1 mi to W 120th N, left on W 120th N .8 mi to gate #946, on the left.
Copyright Colfax Gun Club LLC. 2014 Larry McVey Website administrator 2014